Friday, June 18, 2010

Why Copying and Pasting May be Detrimental to Your Business


If you work online and write blogs, articles or even status updates to your social networking sites, like most of us you probably occasionally copy and paste to save time. But is that a good thing?


I love writing blogs and articles. And I admit, at times I copy and paste information from various sources. However, when I do, I give the credit where due. If I copied the entire article and added my thoughts, I let the reader know which thoughts are mine and which are not. If I am tweeting or adding status updates, when I know the source of a quote, I make it known. If I don’t, I simply state, ‘there is an old saying.’ This indicates I am not the originator.

It is okay to paraphrase a quote without giving credit. But, beware of copying and pasting and passing it off as your own thoughts. Everybody knows that is plagiarism, which is dishonest. And, if people join people they know, like and trust, this could be detrimental to your business.

Another reason copying and pasting someone else’s thoughts could be detrimental is this: You may not be sending the same energy and/or emotions which the author did. While the author may have written his thoughts in a state of positive emotion which is conveyed that way, you may be experiencing anxiety when copying and pasting and that too will be conveyed and you won’t obtain the same successful results.

So, why not think about this: it is okay to sometimes state your own thoughts in your own words. You are brilliant after all.

Be empowered to prosper!

Irma White



If this information was helpful, click here for more free network marketing training, strategies, tips and resources to help you reach your business goals.

No comments: