Monday, August 4, 2008

The Laws of Success -- Are You Violating the 10/90 Rule?


As Featured On Ezine Articles


What is the 10/90 rule? The rule is simply "the first 10 percent of time that you invest in finding out the underlying laws, principles, rules, methods, and techniques of successful action in any field will save you 90 percent of the time and effort required to achieve your goals in that area." Another way of putting it is this: You have to sharpen the ax before you chop down the tree.

I first learned of this rule from Brian Tracy in his book "The 100 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Business Success." If you have been on a quest for personal development for any length of time, you are probably familiar with Brian Tracy. He is one of the leading authorities on the development of human potential and I have learned a lot from him.

As I mentioned, I learned about the 10/90 rule from him. When I first read about this rule, it made me think about my network marketing career. For many years I attempted to build a network marketing business. And, I hate to, but must admit, I failed miserably. But, after understanding the rule, I know the reason I failed was simply that I took no time (let alone 10%) to find out the underlying laws, principles, rules, methods and techniques of successful action in the network marketing field. Notice, I didn't find out the successful action. I primarily listened to the thoughts, hype and opinions of those who themselves had never taken the time to investigate how to be successful. Does that remind you of the blind leading the blind?

Well, that is how it was. But, that is not how it is now. I have invested the time needed to find out the underlying laws, principles, rules, methods, and techniques of successful action in the network marketing field. I have gotten educated about this wonderful industry. By doing so, I have saved myself the 90 percent of the time and effort required to achieve my goals. I am no longer blindly following behind the blind. Investing the time to get educated has saved me from falling into the traps I used to fall into. I am now successfully building a solid home business around practical, proven techniques that work.

If you find yourself feeling frustrated and overwhelmed in building your network marketing business, there can be many reasons for that. So, if you desire to stop wasting time, I offer you a proven system to help you implement the 10/90 rule. This system is working for me and so many others and, if you work it, it will work for you too.

Click here to begin investing the time to find out the rules of success in network marketing.

Be empowered to prosper!

Irma White
A Mentor with a Servant's Heart

If this information was helpful, click here for more network marketing strategies, tips and resources to help you reach your business goals.

No comments: