Saturday, June 27, 2009

Do You Have Network Marketing Staying Power?


Finally I finished the requirements to enter my quilts into an upcoming quilt show. Boy, was that tedious. Each quilt needs several things to be be ready for entry into the show: 1) a sleeve on the back so it can be hung, 2) a label to identify it (the label is like its birth certificate), 3) its own cloth bag or pillowcase, and 4)the bag must have the entrants name on bag. And, of course, each entry needs to be submitted on a separate form. All of that after having already spent hours upon hours to make them in the first place.

Okay what does that have to do with network marketing? Well, just like in network marketing at times I was frustrated. Like network marketing, it started off fun and exciting but then reality sunk in -- this is work. I didn't have a realistic expectation of the process and it was more work than I bargained for and the results took longer to accomplish than I initially thought. But, if I wanted the satisfaction of showcasing my projects, I had to complete the process.

At times I thought, is it worth it? Do I really want to do this? But then, I saw my quilts on display at the arts center. I felt the joy of sharing my creations with people who would appreciate them.

So it is with network marketing. You have to know where you're going and see the end result. You have to know why you're doing what you're doing. You have to be willing to put in the work -- yes, WORK. It can be frustrating at times and you may wonder is it worth it. But, then you remember your why. Your why will keep you sticking with it. Your why will keep you motivated and drive you to action.

If you have never taken the time to think about "why" you are a network marketer, take the time now to do so. Your why will give you staying power and keep you in the game. As my good friend and mentor, Michael Dlouhy, says in Success in 10 Steps, your why is critical to your success. You need a strong written why to stick around long enough to be successful in this business. So, get serious, find your why. Chapter 2 will help you pinpoint it.

Be empowered to prosper!

Irma L. White
A Mentor with a Servant's Heart


If this information was helpful, click here for more free network marketing training, strategies, tips and resources to help you reach your business goals.

No comments: